Lenovo has added two new smartphones to its longlist of mid-rangers – the Lenovo S5 Pro and K5 Pro. Both comes with slightly different price point but with similar features. Both are photography-centric devices and packs side-firing stereo speakers along with decently-sized batteries with fast charging.
Lenovo S5 Pro
The Lenovo S5 Pro comes with good things in life at a modest price. The phone has an upscale build with a metal unibody that has been sand-blasted for a satin finish.
The phone features a 6.2-inch IPS LCD of 1080p resolution with a notch, that houses both a 20MP camera with a Sony sensor and an infrared 3D face scanner. The scanner is used for security, but also to enhance selfies.
The Lenovo S5 Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 636 chipset paired to 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB storage. There’s a hybrid dual SIM slot, so you have the opportunity to expand the storage.
The back is home to a dual camera. The main shooter has a 12MP sensor with 1.25µm pixels and a bright f/1.8 aperture. The secondary module has a 2x telephoto lens (f/2.6) and a 20MP sensor. The rear camera can shoot 4K at 30fps videos, the front one is capped at 1080p.
There’s a fingerprint reader on the back, if you prefer it to face scanning.
The S5 Pro runs Lenovo’s ZUI software with its own brand of AI. Split screen multitasking is supported and you can have up to 4 accounts for each app (even if the app itself supports only 1).
And to keep the fun going for longer, there’s a 3,500mAh battery, which can be charged at 15W (the charger included in the box is rated at 18W, though). If one of your accessories is running low on power, you can use a USB-C cable to charge it from the phone.
Lenovo S5 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
SIM Type & Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Operating System / Skin
- Android 8.1 Oreo / ZUI 5.0
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 75.5 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 170g
- Colours: Black. Blue. Rose Gold. Red.
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size:6.2 inches, 96.9 cm2 (~83.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
- Main Camera
- Dual: 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.9″, 1.25µm, PDAF + 20 MP, f/2.6, 2x optical zoom
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Front-facing Camera
- Dual: 20 MP, f/2.2, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm + 8 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB Type-C
- Sensors: Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: 15W Fast Battery Charging
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: October 18, 2018
- Availability: October 23, 2018
- 6GB/64GB model Costs CNY 1,300 ($190/€160)
- 6GB/128GB Model price is yet to be available.