New iOS 12 arrived with a lot of features including the new shortcuts App as it enables them to automate tasks on iOS, something which was naturally not possible before.
With the Shortcut, there’s little skills needed to learn to create your own shortcuts as you can download and install pre-created shortcuts to enjoy these features for yourself.
One of these pre-created shortcuts is the “Social Media Downloader” or SDM shortcut which allows users to download videos from social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter. That is to say, you can now download videos from twitter and instagram using shortcuts app.
How To Download Videos from Instagram and Twitter
Firstly, download and install the Shortcuts app from App Store if you have not already done so.
2. Once you have installed the app, click on the link to download the social media downloader shortcut. To do that, first tap on the “Get Shortcut” button and then tap on “Open”.
3. Now that you have the shortcut installed on your phone, open either Twitter or Instagram on your phone. I will be using Twitter for this tutorial.
4. Let’s say you found a tweet with an embedded video. Tap on the share button and then select the “Share Tweet via…” option.
4. In the share menu, select Shortcuts. If it’s not showing in the share menu, tap on “More” and enable it.
5. In the next page, select the “SDM” shortcut that we added. It will run through its steps so don’t worry if you see it working on its own. Once it has parsed the link, it will give you the video quality options. Pick the one you want to begin the download.
That’s it, the video will be downloaded and added to your Photos app automatically. You can download any embedded video with this shortcut. Isn’t this a handy way of sharing videos to your WhatsApp group or watching them offline.