Not so long ago, the MTN mpulse was released and this plan is majorly for teens but some people have found a way of using this and even used for downloading limitlessly. Parent – Child linking which is a feature on the mPulse plan which lets parents share airtime with their kids
Steps Required To Use The Service
- Register for Parent-Child linking service by dialing *344*5*1#.
- Immediately you register for the service, registration of child’s number as a beneficiary will be required by dialing *344*5*1#. You will be able to add his/her child via MyMTN App or mPulse website.
- You will be asked to enter his/her Child’s number, select Product type (either Airtime Weekly, Data Weekly, Airtime Monthly or Data Monthly), after which you select airtime or data value then Self-care.
- When the system receives request from you, it will check to confirm if sufficient airtime is on the parent line to complete the transaction, if yes, then the transaction will be completed.
Important Points To Note
- Parent can use Parent-Child linking service while on other tariff plan EXCEPT mPulse plan but child MUST be on mPulse to benefit from the service.
- A child can be linked to a maximum of 2 parents at a time.
- Airtime or data can be transferred once every 7days or 30days but depending on the frequency selected during the initial transaction.
- Airtime or data is transferred separately.
- To change frequency, you should dial *344*5*4#, select Child’s number, select new Product type, new Product value and then enter self-care PIN
- The child will be automatically unlinked from Parent’s beneficiary list immediately the child line is migrated out of mPulse plan and will no longer be able to receive airtime/data from parent.
- Upon migration back to mPulse, the linking process is repeated to link child’s line.
- Parent can get self-care PIN code for the airtime/data transfer by simply dialing *344*5*8#, then enter the following details: Mother’s maiden name, Date of birth (dd/mm/year) and State of Origin.
SUMMARY OF DATA/AIRTIME THAT CAN BE SHARED