The Oppo R17 features a 6.4-inch full-HD+ display with a resolution of 2280×1080. It also features the same “teardrop” notch design that has been teased in Oppo F9 commercials, which is expected to launch in India soon.
The phone has 91.5% screen-to-body ratio. The smartphone also features a 2mm x 2mm in-screen fingerprint scanner, the first Oppo phone to feature one. Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 SoC that is coupled with 8GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage.
It is backed by a 3,500mAh battery with Oppo’s VOOC fast charging technology which delivers two hours of battery life with five minutes of charge. The phone features a 16MP+5MP, vertically stacked, dual rear camera setup. On the front it features a 25MP Sony IMX576 sensor with an f/2.0 aperture to click selfies.
The camera also supports an AI Portrait mode along with a bunch of features focused on selfies and scene presets. Connectivity features of the smartphone include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, and USB Type-C. The phone will go for pre-orders on August 18th 2018. There’s no word on it’s India launch. The Weibo listing also confirmed that another version of the smartphone, namely R17 pro is also on its way. See full specs and price.
Revealed Specification Of OPPO R17 Smartphone
- Display: 6.4-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with 91.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-Core Snapdragon 670 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 615 GPU
- Storage: 8GB RAM, 128GB internal memory
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Operating System: ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary rear camera; 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor, 3D Portrait
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor / rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Network: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3500mAh battery with VOOC Flash charge