iPhone locked to a carrier will only allow you to use that carrier sim on your iPhone device. unlocking your iPhone means that you can use it with different carriers. If you are an iPhone user and your device is looked to a particular carrier.
This can be so frustrating, because this means the iPhone will only work with SIM provided to the carrier. they’re locked to – O2, EE, TESCO or Vodafone, for example. But there are other ways to unlock your iPhone so that you can use any SIM card.
How To Know If Your iPhone is Locked
Insert another SIM card from another network and you should get activation required, or sim not supported. You might see an error messages such as “Invalid SIM,” “PAYT Lock,” “SIM Card Not Accepted,” “Enter SP Code,” or “Insert Correct SIM Card.”
How to Unlock Your iPhone using a Third Party
Disclaimer: This step was recently used to unlock an iPhone 5 for a client using Doctor sim. The iPhone was locked to TESCO Mobile and it was done between 1- 9 business days.
- Check the network your phone is locked to by going to settings =>about phone and the info will be displayed.
- Dial *#06# to get your imei (copy it in a safe place)
- Go to doctorsim.com and choose the type of iPhone you want to unlock
- Fill the network your iphone is locked to and your details in the space provided.
- Fill your 15 digits iphone imei, email and optional phone number.
- Choose your payment method.
In the case of above, We have pay $23.95 (N8,622). The iPhone was unlocked via imei from apple server within 5 business days and all we needed to do was to insert another network sim, connected to a wi-fi and the activation was done.
Hope It Helps?